Is this worth reporting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Both Ms tdr1nka(aged 6)& I were knocked off our tandem last week by a
Virgin Media van, driving much the same way as Molocule Man's tipper truck friend. Although witnesses stopped to help us the driver did'nt, so no Reg forthcoming, sadly.

This whole SE region is being readied for the Olympics, and the amount of building sites, heavy plant, WVM and little telecommunications vans in the area is worse than usual. Anyone who knows the A2 or Trafalgar Rd. thru Greenwich would probably say the same.

Forgive my sense of humour failure on the wuss issue, 'cos if it had been me on my own vs. Virgin Media man, they would still be trying to untangle
his neck from his drive shaft, but as I must be a good Daddy and not kill people in front of the little one I can only offer wussy advice or frankly I'd never ride a bike in London again. And I'm not having that!!!!!

Tx

papercorn2000

Had a similar experience on Alpe D'Huez summer before last. Was descending with the sprog in the trailer and we were overtaken by a PMU publicity car who came so close that he took the rubber cover off of the hub of the trailer. Needless to say, when I caught up with him, despite apologising for France, he was treated to several minutes of West of Scotland invective. The heartwarming thing was that several other cyclists who had witnessed the incident joined in - the moron was given abuse in a selection of languages!.
It took a while to track them all down but, he paid for his misdeeds.

papercorn2000

As an aside, because he was in a Left hand drive car, it was the poor passenger who received the brunt of the abuse!

catwoman

Molecule Man said:
Does that actually happen? Do complaints of dangerous driving get recorded if they aren't serious enough to merit police action?

In my experience .....No. :rolleyes:

Bad luck with the negative experience but learn from it. I think all of us have certain vehicles that we avoid and with some of the larger ones they really can't see you on the inside lane due to inadequate mirrors. Best to avoid them or risk becoming another roadkill statistic.

papercorn2000 said:
You could report it. Alternatively, if you see him again, follow him home. Also try to ascertain where he works.
You then go to his house at night and set his van on fire (make sure that you are dressed in black and are wearing a ski mask). Break in and tie him up with duct tape. You must then slowly kill his family pet in front of him.
You must then kill his wife and children in front of him.
Drag him out to your car, put him in the boot and set his house on fire.
Track down the rest of his family and kill them. Kill his neighbours and his friends.
Go to his place of work and kill all of his workmates.
You then need to hacksaw off his hands and feet, rip out his tongue and put out his eyes - filling the cavities with freshly peeled habanero peppers.

Only then will he realise the error of his ways and he will think twice before doing it again.

I'm not going down that route again. The last time, I missed Eastenders and my dinner was cold by the time I got home. Totally spoiled my evening.

medals

Must be the week when they let out the stupid drivers.
Some kn*bhead took exception to me changing lanes yesterday. I did a lifesaver, saw him about 40, 50 yards behind, no worries, change lanes, he can still overtake me. Next thing I know is that he's coming up my left hand side and tries to push me into the oncoming traffic.
So ensues slanging match and many exchanges of expletives between us both. He then tried to stop me in the road by slamming his brakes on and driving into the curb. This was ok 'cos I was ready to punch his 'kin lights out. I gets on the pavement ready to drop the bike and fight(I'm not uasually like this:blush: ). I point to his number plate to let him know I've clocked it and he drives off!
I've checked the number on the RAC reg plate site and guess what, it doesn't exist. So I'm going to be looking out for him on future commutes and if I'm on the motorbike I'll follow the Barsteward.:biggrin:
Then again, I might just let it go and relax a bit more.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
This a.m.

Had a luton van blast his horn and try to drive me into the kerb, for the sin of filtering when traffic was stood.

Maz

Guru
gambatte said:
This a.m.

Had a luton van blast his horn and try to drive me into the kerb, for the sin of filtering when traffic was stood.
gambatte, can you help this guy out...?
http://www.cycle-cafe.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10054

Cab

Molecule Man said:
I never expected much in the way of action, I just thought it ought to be recorded somehow, in case this guy really does injure or kill in the future.

Does that actually happen? Do complaints of dangerous driving get recorded if they aren't serious enough to merit police action?

Depends very much on your local force. Here in Cambridge, you're lucky if you can get the person on the desk to even record it and give it an incident number ("If there is no damage and no one was hurt, there wasn't an incident" was a response to me telling them that someone got out of their car and pushed me off the road, in front of witnesses).

But others posting here have had far better results with their local plod. So give it a go.

papercorn2000

Eat MY Dust said:
I'm not going down that route again. The last time, I missed Eastenders and my dinner was cold by the time I got home. Totally spoiled my evening.

Plan ahead. If they won't die then hit them on the head really hard, that usually finishes tham off.
And set your favourite programmes to record, you may need to unwind after a few hours ridding the planet of unnecessary people.

Top Bottom