Is time travel possible by bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swede54

This weekend I removed the mudguards from the road bike and finally managed to get my average speed over 14mph over a 21 mile loop, although the 2 things are probably not related. I got home and when I took my helmet off I looked like Dr Emmett Brown. If I repeat the run in a thunderstorm will I wind up in the 1960s?

Mrbez

In a nutshell, no.

You need to put your bike into the first cog on the front, and the 5th cog on the back.

Peddle at 17 mph for 15 seconds, and then power up to 22 mph.

With your toes still clipped in, pull your front brake as hard as possible, lean forward on the bike, and then (the most important part) scream "incooooomingg!!"

If the last part isn't done correct, it won't work and you will end up looking like an idiot.

OP
OP
swede54

swede54

I tried something very similar as a teenager, ran into the back of a mate and hit the nut on his back wheel when he stopped suddenly to talk to some girls. Did a complete somersault with the bike and landed up lying in the middle of the road unable to breath or look cool.

The only real way to gain enough speed for time travel is to pull a wheelie and have your front wheel fall off. The resultant increase in panic, exponentially increases your speed enough to time travel. Either that or you go through a very thick privet hedge, very, very fast, sans bike, when the front end finally comes down.

jugglingphil

The only real way to gain enough speed for time travel is to pull a wheelie and have your front wheel fall off. The resultant increase in panic, exponentially increases your speed enough to time travel. Either that or you go through a very thick privet hedge, very, very fast, sans bike, when the front end finally comes down.

I managed something similar as a kid, except no privet hedge just tarmac!:cry:

I managed something similar as a kid, except no privet hedge just tarmac!:cry:

Ouch!

He was lucky. We did think he'd time travelled but it turns out we were looking in the wrong garden. The hedge had closed behind him and we only became aware of his true location when he let out a long moan.

Nosaj

Ride a dutch type shopping bike in tweeds whilst smoking a pipe?

Go on a CTC member group ride? (joke....I go along to my local member group)

screenman

Legendary Member
Use toe clips and straps, a Brookes saddle and a steel frame and you may as well be living in the past.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
ride at night, preferably in the company of others. It's still the late 40's early 50's on our roads at 03:00am.

Top Bottom