Is very very mild epilepsy a thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks like we have some experts here from a personal perspective point of view.

My understanding is that the answer is no. Epilepsy is experienced by a feeling similar to drunkenness, consciousness (awake but fixated) etc, rather than nausea.
You describe one variant, "stand & stare", or as used by some describing how the person looked to them, " day dreaming".

For me it's a period of "being on autopilot" then the seizure/fit/episode/call it what you want that most seem to be familiar with. The drunken feeling can be felt when coming round. The body might not be able to respond to signals to move, or not as quick as they may be required to. I've been picked up, in the street/on(off?) a bus/train having been reported as being drunk, only for the real cause to become clear when the ambulance has arrived. Coming to in an ambulance and having a police officer trying to get answers from me, still has to be got used to.

I will say this, one fit/seizure does not mean you now have epilepsy. That has to be confirmed by other means, or further fits/seizures.

I've tried not to offend anyone in my choice of words, but it's not as easy as it may first seem. Apologises if the wording used has.

OP
OP
M

markemark

Über Member
Flashing or flickering lights can be a problem for migraineurs too. The nausea you mention could be part of the migraine family of symptoms. Either way, it bears investigation if it’s new and especially if it gets worse.
I thought that but have never had a migraine (as in one that affects vision or pain). It stops the second the light stops.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
At one time I had a few episodes of what the optician described as visual migraine - not the same as the headachey one. Sometimes that was triggered by bright lights. In one case I'd walked through the beam of a projector displaying something in a museum.

Top Bottom