ISDN removal, Cheeky salesman ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
ISDN is being cut off soon (2025) but we got an email from a company claiming they need to come see us. We don't have ISDN anymore and moved to SIP a few years ago.

I was curious though as the mail seems to be aimed to deliberately worry and implies they have authority to come see you.

Has anyone else had an email like this?

I’m writing this email in reference to the removal of ISDN lines that we are doing across merseyside.

As we have tender in your area to remove these ISDN lines, we need to come out to your place of work to discuss what alternatives you have going forward.

The current avaya phone system that you are using within the business is to become obsolete as most areas over the UK are being moved over to fibre telephone systems. In order for you to not lose your services when the switch off happens, you will need to be on a hosted telephony system.

As this is a government initiated project we do get funding to buy businesses out of their current contracts so that they are switched over to fibre systems before ISDN is switched off nationwide. As this is a mandatory project it does not come at any extra cost to the business, it does however reduce the cost of your monthly bills as line rental charges are removed.

If you could check over this legal document which backs up everything that I have said In this email that would be great as we legally have to contact you to discuss these upgrades.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/ass...-Insight-on-the-ISDN2-and-ISDN30-Services.pdf

If you can confirm your availability over the coming weeks so we can look to book an appointment with yourselves that would be brilliant.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd wipe my behind on it and post it in the General File.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
What to V2000. :rolleyes:

Don't be silly - any fule kno that Laser Disc is the way forward.

@Inertia You could also tell them that you don't need their help upgrading your ISDN line because you've just bought one of these:
alcatel_speedtouch_1.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm surprised to learn that anyone does.

When I finished up in my job in telecoms in the summer of 2016, we were still regularly installing systems on ISDN - including ones for large nationwide companies. Mine was not to reason why - I just programmed the things.

ISDN is being cut off soon (2025) but we got an email from a company claiming they need to come see us. We don't have ISDN anymore and moved to SIP a few years ago.

I was curious though as the mail seems to be aimed to deliberately worry and implies they have authority to come see you.

Has anyone else had an email like this?
Can I suggest writing back and saying, "no thanks, but I've been in an accident that wasn't my fault".

Sounds like fishing to me.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Thanks for all the replies. and suggestions (comical or otherwise). I think we can safely say they wont be getting any work from me ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom