Islabike frame size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
I think my daughter is due a bigger bike, measured her the other day and I think an Islabike Beinn 20 small would be ideal (very surprised as I had initially thought the Cnoc16 would be better until I actually measured her).
At the minute she has the bike below which say it’s 14” but Islabike say the frame of the Beinn 20 is 10”, is that because the frame is not built in the standard geometry and not really comparable measurement?
54717B3B-E326-4B0D-9F8E-42118B70ACF3.png

alicat

Legendary Member
I think the size of the bike in the pic is the size of the wheels, but perhaps I am mistaken. In any event, your daughter is going from a 14 to a 20 so that sounds about right.

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
Ah never thought of that, I assumed the wheels on her current bike were 12” as they looked a lot smaller than some 16” I’ve seen but haven’t actually measured.

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
Anyone know where I can try an Islabike? Don’t fancy a trip to Wolverhampton or wherever it is.
Nipped in with her at Chevin cycles as we were walking past and they sell frog bikes, tried one of them and they suggested the smaller size 16” wheels but looking at the sizes between the 2 brands they seem to overlap so technically she could fit a 20” Islabike but a 16” Frog.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Isla Bikes have a very good resale price so it is well worth the trip with her to get the right bike. Make a day if it. The Beinn 20 has a really adaptable geometry. My 9 year old should really be on one, but (long story) She has a Beinn 24 and she gets by. And it’s going to last her for many years. It is already 10 years old. Consider full mudguards for obvious maintenance reasons, but also a kickstand to stop her chucking it in the ground. You’ll get a higher 2nd hand price.

Also ring them. Their help line is terrific. You may get lucky and save a trip. Less than ideal, but give it a go.

treblig

I would go for Islabikes over any other. They really transformed my kids riding as everything is sized for them and brakes are easy to reach.

The size they specify is the wheel size and not the frame. My daughter would ever fit a conventional 24 inch bike but easy fits the Islabikes for example.

I phoned them up and spoke to them with some measurements and their recommendation was spot on.

Top Bottom