Islabike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apb

Veteran
Going to get my son an Islabike cnoc 16

they are eye watering expensive. But my wife used a bit maths and calculated how much it will cost over or the usage of 2 children, as it will be a great hand me down to my daughter, and it's excellent re-sale value.

And i don't think i want to be cheap about something so important.

i guess i just need someone to say "Just buy it!"

Just buy it!

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Islabikes are an excellent company. We live pretty close to them (before they moved) so went there for advice before we got anything. Isla herself helped fit my son to a Benin 20. Nothing was too much trouble.

Get it. You or the little 'un will not be disappointed!

Last edited:
Reactions: apb

Noru

A dad in my club was singing their praise the other day. Expensive yes but apparently lighter than your average kids bike so cycling is easier & more fun. Worth it in the long run.

OP
OP
A

apb

Veteran
thanks everyone. I feel better about spending that type of money on a bike made from one of the most abundant elements on earth.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
They hold their value.

An alternative is a Ridgeback MX16 / MX20 / MX24 at a lower price. My youngest has had these and they take some serious abuse, together with holding their value well. His appears to be lighter than the comparable Islabike as well.

Frog bikes are also quite popular.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You wont regret it.
You will have a fantastically well made bike.
Your kids will love it and they will enjoy riding it.
Resale value is better then other kids bikes.
No brainier.

OP
OP
A

apb

Veteran
The mudguards on the frog bikes don't look long enough.

I sat my boy on a ridgeback and it was great. But the first thing i notice was his jeans on the chain.

the new islabikes have a complete chain guard and the mudguards look sturdy and great protection.

i think i've just convinced myself.

thanks everyone.

adscrim

Veteran
We're on our fourth having gone up through the sizes. Sold one on ebay (purchased on ebay) for more than we paid for it. Plus, so much nicer for the kids to ride than other branded bikes we've had a shot of. Just excellent.

It's a no brainer for me - Isla bikes all the way.

image.jpeg

You won't regret it. If I know how to upload a video I would attach one of my little lad on his after a Couple of weeks.

Top Bottom