Isle of Mann

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Dad, the husband and I have decided to go to the Isle of Mann in a few weeks to cycle the TT course. Has anyone been there? Any recommendations of places to eat and sleep etc? Dad will probably hire a bike, so if you know any bike shops or hire places, that would be great.

I've never been but i'm pretty sure that someone on the ctc forum lives on the island,if you went on there you could probably get all the info you need.
http://forum.ctc.org.uk/
am i allowed to link to the opposition??!!!!

Tharg2007

Veteran
you can pretty much eat anywhere and it will be good. Most meat and veg is grown on the island so it will be good stuff.
Go for seasonal foods and you will be right :biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I have been to the IOM to watch the TT races. I would stay away from the big towns, but as you're going at a time when the races aren't on, you'll pretty much have the place to yourselves. There are lots of pubs and small villages dotted around the TT course, and because the island is geared up for tourism, you won't be short of choice for B+B or camping. BTW it can be quite hilly on the IOM so be prepared. Then again, if you live in LEEDS you'll be ok.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
Dad, the husband and I have decided to go to the Isle of Mann in a few weeks to cycle the TT course. Has anyone been there? Any recommendations of places to eat and sleep etc? Dad will probably hire a bike, so if you know any bike shops or hire places, that would be great.

How many laps are you going to do? :angry:

Top Bottom