Isle of Wight Round the Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclingsheep

Hey everyone

I live in London but get down to the Isle of Wight a few times a year. Last month I decided to ride the 'Round the Island' route. I didn't take a map with me and had done it before but on this occasion I got completely lost going anti-clockwise into Ryde. Signage told me to go left into a road but at the top of the hill sigange directed me back down the same road :sad: Clearly something was wrong somewhere so I took a guess as I know my way round the island roughly but it was East Cowes before I saw any more direction signs. Does anyone have a link or website that has a really detailed map of the route?
P.S. I still ended up doing 80miles and had a good ride but would rather do the proper route next time.

Jonathing

Über Member
This is the route we use but it doesn't actually go into Ryde, where we get the ferry to, so we make our own way out and back in to the town.

:biggrin: - there's bits of the West Yorkshire Cycle Route where the local "lads" used to take great delight in turning the signage round and moving it ........ so you end up in a cul-de-sac in the middle of a housing estate. :wacko:

Top Bottom