Isn't it great...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I've just read an article on Paul Weller in the Telegraph. Get this, he sends his kids to private schools.

Apparently the Eton Rifles song was inspired by an incident when Eton school boys jeered at an unemployment protest march. I was wondering whether Boris and David might have been among those schoolboys, but Boris is 7 years younger than Weller and David is 9 years younger, so unfortunately, it doesn't look like they could have been. Shame.

simonali

Guru
I once had a penguin (slang for Eton college boy) step out in front of me as I was cycling and he called me a nit for nearly running him down. I'd've been peed off if it hadn't have been so funny! :biggrin:

Renard

Chuffy said:
Boris Johnson, David Cameron. Oh and 14 of Cameron's front bench. In fact, a tidy percentage of the next govt. All went to Eton.
:biggrin:

And to think that some go on about the fact that there a fair few Scots in positions of power in the Government. Doesn't seem so bad when you consider that Scotland has a population of 5M compared to that of Eton's...? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I was just thinking, despite the fact David Cameron has a car travelling behind him transporting his stuff and security guards no doubt, it's still a good thing he cycles. High level managers and professionals tend not to cycle, because, as well as other things, it does not fit in with their self-image as successful men and women. Previously, high ranking ministers were allocated chauffer driven Jaguars, while lower ranking ministers were allocated Rovers. Big successful high achiever = big flash status symbol. Bicycle = crank or nobody. Boris and David undermine this perception, so credit where credit's due, and I've never supported the Tories in my life.

Top Bottom