Isn't it great...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
redshift said:
What chance have you got against a tie and a crest...? xx(

Actually it still doesn't make much sense. Even we had a tie and a crest at my 5h1tty comprehensive. Ours said 'non sidi sed omnibus'.

Yellow Fang said:
Actually it still doesn't make much sense. Even we had a tie and a crest at my 5h1tty comprehensive. Ours said 'non sidi sed omnibus'.
'Don't sit on the bus'? xx(
Weird school you went to there Mr Fang...:ohmy:

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
It means 'not for oneself but for everyone'. If you appended an 'else', it would be pretty close to Cameron's attitude to comprehensive education.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
redshift said:
What chance have you got against a tie and a crest...? xx(

What's more, you'd have a somewhat better chance in a punch up if your opponent is wearing a tie. It something to throttle them with.

It means 'not for oneself but for everyone'. If you appended an 'else', it would be pretty close to Cameron's attitude to comprehensive education.
xx(

Coppers and security staff used to wear clip-on ties to prevent them from being used as de-facto nooses.

redshift

Über Member
Good grief, I post one line of lyric en passant and see what happens? I need a lie down, I'm suffering from over-exposure. :blush:

redshift said:
Good grief, I post one line of lyric en passant and see what happens? I need a lie down, I'm suffering from over-exposure. :biggrin:
Steady on old girl, I can almost see your ankles! :blush:

<and I haven't a clue what the lyric was. Bet it's the Smiths though...>

simonali

Guru
I think I might've been a POB today. I went out and cycled many miles, but wore a t-shirt and normal shorts and got ignored by almost all of the helmeted, lycra'd cyclists I nodded a hello at on the Bath to Bristol cycle path. Ignorant c**ts!

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
redshift said:
The SMITHS!!!? Good grief... xx(

The Jam, dear boy: Eton Rifles.

Perhaps this should be the Tories next campaign tune.

I heard Hilary Clinton was using Chumbawumba's 'I get knocked down but I get up again' in her campaign. They must be so proud.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
... and from "Going Underground"

You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
The public gets what the public wants...
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Murder on the terraces,
Fools in high places,
It's all so sickening,
And we're so satisfied,
In the streets today.

Written when he was less than 20.