Ist sportive.Dragon Sportive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jacklad

lukesdad said:
I ll be dragging myself round both of those two, Jacklad. Just look for the blue and gold train.:smile:

i'm going around pembroke on my lonesome, keep alook out for number 49. perhaps we can have a chin wag, after all isn,t that whats this is all about.
saw your other post about the early start for pembroke.
dig in lukesdad and give it a bash mate.:biggrin:

bumsteer

Great read, 515mm. Spookily, I had exactly the same experience. This year I was determined to crack the Gran in under 8 hrs. Only a modest 15mph ffs. I foolishly thought that by stuffing enough fuel in the engine, bananas, bars, cake and crisps, and keeping hydrated with water and salt levels up with electrolyte I would do it easily. I added a couple of anti-cramp pills to one bottle which seemed to make me want to pee. I completely forgot about pacing.

It wasn't until just after halfway coming up to Crai in that headwind, with no group in sight let alone touching distance, I realised that I was hardly turning the cranks. At Cimla I was standing up at the urinal when I had cramp attacks in both legs simultaneously (I don't recommend this). I had to stop on the second Bwlch climb twice just to gather myself, but once over the top I was hammering it all the way home. Needless to say I failed to reach my target by a fair margin!

lukesdad

jacklad said:
i'm going around pembroke on my lonesome, keep alook out for number 49. perhaps we can have a chin wag, after all isn,t that whats this is all about.
saw your other post about the early start for pembroke.
dig in lukesdad and give it a bash mate.:biggrin:
I ll be ther,not sure i ll make the mass start thats all. ;)

515mm

Thanks Bumsteer.

It looks like I didn't have it nearly as bad as you though. Cramp in both legs mid-pee? :biggrin:

For me, I have come to the conclusion it was the Torq gels. They taste fantastic but I think they're too big for me to have all in one go. The Hi-Five ones appeared to work nicely, especially the caffeine one I ate in error at the bottom of the Rhigos!

8hrs 28 for me, though my ride time on the bike computer said 7:48........

See you next year.

Top Bottom