Ist visit to Amsterdam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
I've been three times and one thing is sure. Riding on Amsterdam's cycle paths is WAY scarier than riding in central London traffic. It really is.

I hired a bike in Amsterdam. It had a back pedal brake and what with that and the traffic is was a bit trying. Last time I cycled in London (Kings X to Croydon) it wasn't too bad apart from the guy who jumped out in front of me to get me to stop (I decide to ride over him and aimed for the middle of the target but he got out the way, the coward). Trafalgar square was simply wall-to-wall buses and there was a traffic jam nearly all the way back from Croydon. Definitely preferred Amsterdam.

calibanzwei

are you within reach of Utrecht?

Do you too love the Miffy Museum? :biggrin:

Ajay

Veteran
We went to Amsterdam last August and I instantly fell in love with it, so much so that I'd already planned my next trip before I'd stepped off the plane at Gatwick. I didn't eat nearly as much as Vernon but did almost vomit in Anne Frank's house when I started tripping on some spectacular cake.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTibwDK-BnG13ohVefcj_d3CqGlFCaVjqj1L8-MRzKp-KMJTmHy.jpg

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
[QUOTE 1811974, member: 45"]Maybe we should have a CC meet there? Hotel Van Onna anyone? Indonesian meal, and a ride out. Then we responsible ones can stay in the bar while the others explore the other local entertainment.[/quote]

Hell yeah! I can't promise that I'll say no to cake of any kind especially as I don't smoke but I do promise not to eat and ride :biggrin:

Top Bottom