It Doesn't Take Much...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hackbike 6

Car drivers are only doing what everyone else is doing rushing around to save a few seconds.Not saying it's right but there are a lot of rules being broken out there day in day out.IMHO

It's so comedic if that's a word that they overtake in this manner to stop fifty yards up the road at a queue of traffic and I bet they'd jump that if they could.Seems like human nature to me,just to save a few seconds.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
But if they only took a deep breath and used that grey matter between their ears? Isn't that what separates us from animals?

I take your point though; I'm sure it's because they think it saves them seconds -even if they see there's a stop sign 50 yards ahead but can't process what that means.

hackbike 6 said:
Car drivers are only doing what everyone else is doing rushing around to save a few seconds.Not saying it's right but there are a lot of rules being broken out there day in day out.IMHO

It's so comedic if that's a word that they overtake in this manner to stop fifty yards up the road at a queue of traffic and I bet they'd jump that if they could.Seems like human nature to me,just to save a few seconds.

Molecule Man

hackbike 6 said:

Sometimes they do, I remember one incident back in Exeter. A woman overtook me recklessly on a narrow residential street with a car coming the other way, then proceeded to charge past the queue of ~20 cars waiting to join the main road, driving down the opposite cariageway at about 40 mph, finally turning left at the end, cutting up the car at the front of the queue.

Molecule Man

Nigeyy said:
But if they only took a deep breath and used that grey matter between their ears? Isn't that what separates us from animals?

I take your point though; I'm sure it's because they think it saves them seconds -even if they see there's a stop sign 50 yards ahead but can't process what that means.

A lot of drivers (and cyclists) seem to regress to childhood in their behaviour. They have to get what they want, RIGHT NOW, they push other people out of the way to get it, then throw a strop if they don't get their way. It's like watching my three-year-old nephew sometimes.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
John the Monkey said:
Yup, but I am a svelte racing snake, so I'm hoping they won't be snapping as often as that ;) I've had two go on the drive side, and one (the last one) on the non drive side. I was rather hoping to make the rims last a bit longer, and then get a set built up (or build myself) for commuting. I really don't want to ride my lovely Aksiums in the wet :eek:

I've been riding my lovely Aksiums all summer..... in the wet :biggrin:
They still look lovely, as I wash the bike at the weekend if it's got all mucky. They really transform the way the SCR2 feels to ride - feels so much smoother.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cyclista said:
Just out of interest John, how are you getting on with the radial spoking on the rear wheel. I thought that it took some of the strength out of the wheel compared to a conventional 3 cross?

Well, the DA22 may not be the best wheel to comment on with regard to that, but the Aksiums use half radial rear wheel (as I remember) and it seems pretty good. Remember, we're talking about half radial, so radial on the non drive side, cross 2 on the drive side (on the DA22 at least). There's some informed opinion suggesting that half radial is actually stronger for highly dished (9/10 speed, and I'd guess the coming 11 speed) rear wheels.

caesar

Molecule Man said:
Sometimes they do, I remember one incident back in Exeter. A woman overtook me recklessly on a narrow residential street with a car coming the other way, then proceeded to charge past the queue of ~20 cars waiting to join the main road, driving down the opposite cariageway at about 40 mph, finally turning left at the end, cutting up the car at the front of the queue.

That seemed to be standard practice in Italy. Saw my first one when waiting to leave the airport car park, accompanied by lots of horn beeping and shouts of 'bastardo'

Top Bottom