IT Experts - Help Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Can someone out there help a computer illiterate out with an error message I'm getting in Excel?

When I open it up a box is displayed with the message -

not enough system resources to display completely

The only option I have is to ok the message, but it keeps coming back, please someone help me.

;):biggrin::biggrin:

Edge

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I've already restarted it a few times and it's not maded any difference. Also tried the links thanks Edge, but they don't cure it either.

The file is a file that I fill in for my expenses for work every month, for some reason it's suddenly decided to come up with this error.

Thanks to everyone for your help, I'll just have to keep soldiering on.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
There are various Excel file repair programs out there - but my guess is because excel is mainly used in work, they have to be paid for. Some you can try and buy. Google excel repair

bonj2

You could try investing in a few more system resources. Then you might have enough to display completely.

stephec said:
Can someone out there help a computer illiterate out with an error message I'm getting in Excel?

When I open it up a box is displayed with the message -

not enough system resources to display completely

The only option I have is to ok the message, but it keeps coming back, please someone help me.

:blush::biggrin::biggrin:

It sounds as if there's not enough memory. Is the file big and you're running a lot of other stuff at the same time?

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Patrick Stevens said:
It sounds as if there's not enough memory. Is the file big and you're running a lot of other stuff at the same time?

Unlikely to be the issue. I have a big spreadsheet (4.5mb disk space) open now and Excel only occupies 27mb which is peanuts compared to some newer products. Almost for sure a damaged file - so you need to repair it - or go back to an old version and get it up-to-date again.

Abitrary

haha, just posted on another thread how cycling forums attract more deranged stuff than music, sport or computer threads

soon cycling forums will become one stop shops for the deranged

Top Bottom