It gets better

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Those who closely follow my ramblings know that I run my olde truck in vegetable oil. At 65p a litre I've been running a 2 tonne Nun murdering puppy slaughtering Ben Hur wagon for sub Toyota Aygo costs. Chuck in the reduced, cleaner emissions, and that its about as close to zero NET emissions as any road fuel can realistically get I've been very smug in the face of envy from even Prius drivers... like my Missus.

Well, things just got better. A guy I know is moving away, so has passed into me his source of free, used vegetable oil. About 60-80 litres of free motoring are coming my way every Month, starting my Monday. Smug as the professor as smug at the university of smug in the small town of Smug in the county of Smugshire,

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Bet you smell of chips.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's legal. There's a tax threshold of 2500 litres in a rolling year, so accurate record keeping g is essential. Fortunately I use around 800-1000 litres per year so that's not an issue for me.

A diesel Shart Quad is unlikely to be able to run reliably on veg. It's need processing to make biodiesel, and B100 will probably make a mess of every non metallic component in the fuel system, so its a no goer.

speccy1

A guy with a VW transporter burning that stuff passes me every morning while riding to work, the smell churns my stomachxx(

gavintc

Guru
Puglia, Italy but when it makes better financial sense to put my award winning oil in my tractor than to sell it, it should ring alarm bells. ;)
I think the business plan has some flaws. But, I thought Italy's olive oil industry was in good order and could not keep up with demands.

Top Bottom