It just won't be the same...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The build up, wall to wall TV coverage, the tabloids going ga-ga, the speculation over someone's foot healing in time, and the struggle to scrape through the group stage in second place. Riots dominating the news as our fans ambush the French in some town square or other.

Then the knockout phase. The excitement and expectaion, the thrilling end to end game that we should have won but didn't because some foreign bastard disallowed a perfectly good goal and Rooney missed a sitter. The extra time stalemate, followed by the crushing disappointment as someone on £100,000 a week breaks a floodlight with his penalty.

Pubs and town centres trashed throughout the land and scores of policemen hospitalised as the tabloid editors look round for the vegatable that most resembles the coach.

I miss it already. :biggrin::sad::sad:

dodgy

I'm not a football fan, but I do enjoy watching major International football when England is taking part.
I doubt I'll even know or care who wins the championship to be honest.

Dave.

Keith Oates

Janner
Although not an avid football follower I would have watched some of the England matches if I came across them on the TV. Now I've have zero interest in this competition and almost for sure won't watch any of the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Unless I'm stuck in a bar with nobody to talk with)

yenrod

Smokin Joe said:
The build up, wall to wall TV coverage, the tabloids going ga-ga, the speculation over someone's foot healing in time, and the struggle to scrape through the group stage in second place. Riots dominating the news as our fans ambush the French in some town square or other.

Then the knockout phase. The excitement and expectaion, the thrilling end to end game that we should have won but didn't because some foreign bastard disallowed a perfectly good goal and Rooney missed a sitter. The extra time stalemate, followed by the crushing disappointment as someone on £100,000 a week breaks a floodlight with his penalty.

Pubs and town centres trashed throughout the land and scores of policemen hospitalised as the tabloid editors look round for the vegatable that most resembles the coach.

I miss it already. :biggrin::sad::biggrin:

Is this with or without ingland playing in the tourno' :biggrin:

walker

dantheman said:
what is football???

football is a game played mainly by Americans, using, a majority of the time, their hands to pass and score a 'touchdown'. each player use's the utmost of protection, to play each game, think rugby with a pansy twist.
The object of the game is to score more 'touchdowns' than your oppenent.

every year all the teams take part in 'the world series' in which only american teams can take Enter.

Top Bottom