it was 50 years ago today.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey - I remember my older sister walking in the door with it the day that it became available at our local record shop ... half a century ago! :eek:

OP
OP
thecube

thecube

I bought it too, sounds pretty good and the demo/alternative versions sound great. Not sure I'll get the £100 box set, but I might put it on my Christmas list.

Sharky

Guru
It was a magical time. I went to school on Merseyside (61 - 68) and the Beatle songs were all fresh new releases during this time. It was the same school that Stuart Sutcliffe had been to a few years previous and we shared the same art teacher.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Might put my original on the turntable later. Or, more likely, just play it off youtube. That way I won't have to move all the gubbins to get at the record player

OP
OP
thecube

thecube

I've got a vinyl copy I bought a couple of months ago. The way the Beatles developed from a simple pop group to stuff like Pepper in little over four years is incredible. It is fashionable to knock them now, but you had to be there at the time and it is still amazing the number of current artistes who site the Beatles as one of their influences.

I agree totally, how any band can develop like that over 7 or 8 years is just incredible and they were still in their 20's when they split up.

Top Bottom