1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It was like a gift form the gods'

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 1 Nov 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

I put my helmet mounted light on 'flash' the other night whilst out for a ride...

WOW

Never seen reaction like it at night, no one pulled out on me even on well lit roads ! nearly even better than daytime: just get one of these life savers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

2. gary r

gary r Veteran

what make of light did you buy??

3. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

I've just got a pair of AyUps (as suggested by an inhabitant of this parish, I forget who) they are tiny, weigh about as much as an anorexic ant and give out more light than a clas B1 star.

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

it's great isn't it? you look in their direction and they know they have no excuse to pull out on you.

5. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Yup - lid-mounted lights look increadibly naff, but they do work wonders in getting a cyclist noticed *early* by oncoming traffic.

6. johnr

johnr Über Member

I'm in full Aldi flashing arm/leg bands mode now the clocks have gone back. Similar effect.

PS you can get a posher version from Edinburgh Cycling Coop

7. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

http://www.xc-sports.com/xc/images/sigma_micro_light.jpg

I got the white one, red for rear only wanted it as it was for the helmet BUT turned out it was smaller than i thought but this saves on weight !

Recommend though... ;)