It wasn't too bad at Sainsbury's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
God, people still go to tesco's?

gbb

Legendary Member
We went to Morrisons at Stamford, Friday evening circa 6.30 - 7.30.
Expecting the very worst, in the past we've had to queue at the tills for 30 minutes after shopping...its been horrendous, clogged aisles etc etc.

BUT....it was as quiet as a grave, tills were empty (ish), carpark was quiet....what the hells going on ???

Till lady did say it'd been busy all day and had only quietened down half an hour before we'd arrived. Result !!!

D

Deleted member 26715

It's cheaper than Sainsbury's shite. :thumbsup:

Netto was bought out by Wallmart several years ago, so if you are still going to a Netto I suspect their stock must be very old by now

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Netto was bought out by Wallmart several years ago, so if you are still going to a Netto I suspect their stock must be very old by now

Wrong!

Netto exited the UK selling its stores to ASDA/Wallmart allowing ASDA to expand its smaller store portfolio.

Netto is still a Danish Company and totally independent of Wallmart. Its re-entry to the UK is in partnership with Sainsbury.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Wrong!

Netto exited the UK selling its stores to ASDA/Wallmart allowing ASDA to expand its smaller store portfolio.

Netto is still a Danish Company and totally independent of Wallmart. Its re-entry to the UK is in partnership with Sainsbury.

Which gives us a definition of inverse snobbery - shopping in Sainsbury's and putting the stuff in a Netto carrier bag.

Went into Asda today at 1:30 and it was like shopping at 8:00pm - very quiet indeed.
Probably helped that the the local teams (Newcastle and Sunderland) were playing in the Derby - and Sunderland won... again.

The shop was well stocked, the customers were courteous, and got straight through the tills - £124 later.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
tills - £124 later.

£124?

We should all be getting our Christmas dinners at Tony's this year.

D

Deleted member 26715

Wrong!

I stand correct, please accept my humblest apologies, I had missed this fairly recent event

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Our Morrisons was relatively sane over the weekend:smile:

They also broadcast the wondrous words of Ant & Dec hang.gif

Moodyman

Legendary Member
supermarkets at the weekend?? no thanks.

Mrs MM doesn't work. she does all the weekly shop during midweek mornings.

weekend shopping often involves empty shelves and long queues at the tills and in the car park.

Top Bottom