Italian v British frame tubing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Found this on another forum while googling to find out about Reynolds 453. Thought it might tickle a fancy or two...

"Dedacciai and columbus is made by slick-haired lotharios called Luigi who when not making oddly-shaped tubing are carrying man-bags and shagging your girlfriend.

Reynolds tubing on the other hand is made by blokes called Dave, with pencils behind their ears, in sheds. When not making pure awesome they drink real ale and eat meat pies.

This is based on rigorous scientific research: FACT."

So now you know.

stephec

Legendary Member
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
[quote name='swee'pea99' timestamp='1301907827' post='1619798']
"Dedacciai and columbus is made by slick-haired lotharios called Luigi who when not making oddly-shaped tubing"

[/quote]

hate to disagree but this is British!

stays3.gif

Globalti

Legendary Member
I remember when I sold my titanium Global MTB frame; it had some nasty chainsuck gouges on the RH chainstay so I decided I couldn't sell it like that and had better get it repaired. Made lots of phone calls and eventually found a firm near Rochdale who said they could weld titanium. Trotted along one lunch time and asked for the foreman. "Ah," he replied, "you need to see Mr 'arris; he's over there 'aving 'is lunch"

Mr Harris was a bloke in his thirties with a vacant expression and some beads around his neck. "Oh well," I thought to myself, "he's either going to be a genius or he's going to wreck it - might as well trust him!"

Went back next day and found that the former had been the case and Mr Harris had done a superb repair bearing in mind the difficulties of working titanium. He did mention that he had worn out a couple of sanding bands trying to refinish the metal but apart from a slight variation in the colour where he had blobbed weld into the crack the tube looked almost as good as new. I paid him £20 and left feeling very pleased.

Top Bottom