It's A Knockout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Inspired by the thread on Soapbox (of all places) lamenting the absence of the great Tom and Jerry from the small screen, it occurred to me that It's A Knockout should also be brought back. It was hilarious and harmless good fun. Stuart Hall is still around and on form and so could provide the necessary commentary. The only question is who could fill Eddie Waring's shoes? I tend to think that Vic Reeves could carry it off.

Does anybody else think it should come back?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I doubt it.....

longers

Legendary Member
A firm I worked for had this at one of their fun days. They hired all the gear (from Stuart Hall I think - didn't he buy it all?), the bar had been open a couple of hours and St Johns were ready and waiting. It was GREAT!!:ohmy:

Not sure I'd watch it on telly now though.

Noodley

As alecstilleyedye said, that Royal Knockout rubbish signalled the death of It's A Knockout.

'Twas funny(ish) when I was little but I reckon my kids would cringe at it nowadays. Mind you it's probably no less of a programme as the "reality celeb seeking" pigshit that passes for entertainment and seems to attract millions of viewers, so maybe it has some potential.

buggi

Bird Saviour
me and my nephew watched an episode of this a couple of years back and we were both in stitches, so i reckon today's kids would still love it. nothing like laughing at someone else making a div of themselves.

we were gonna have it at work for an away day but the risk assessment team put the scuppers on it :biggrin: so we had to settle for a school sports day thing instead.

Cheddar George

oober member
Sorry to tell you that it did make a comeback a few years ago.

Stuart Hall and Eddie waring replaced by Keith Chegwin and Frank Bruno (Frank in a stripy blazer) ........ i don't want to think about it anymore, it's too painful.

just jim

I think it should come back, but as "It's A Royal Knockout" every week featuring not just yer Philips and Charlies, but the up 'n' comin' ones too, like Beatrice or Eugenie. Probably.

It would instill a feeling of renewed confidence in the Monarchy but also poke a bit of 21st century fun. At them. Or us. I'm not sure which. Blimey this Leffe is good.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Cheddar George said:
Sorry to tell you that it did make a comeback a few years ago.

Stuart Hall and Eddie waring replaced by Keith Chegwin and Frank Bruno (Frank in a stripy blazer) ........ i don't want to think about it anymore, it's too painful.

You commented on Frank's attire but not Cheggers. He wasn't in the buff again was he? :ohmy:xx(:biggrin:

Top Bottom