It's an illness!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by NotthatJasonKenny, 16 Aug 2012.

1. NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny Faster on HFLC

So, my wife is kinda/maybe wanting to try and join me on a few bike rides. She's a bit wobbly so for now it will probably be the new Preston Guild wheel which looks very safe and a friendly 21 miler.

My first thought was to buy her the Triban3 as it has great reviews but also it's a triple and as my wife will need a 56cm, the same as me, I will be able to use it on the Cat&Fiddle later this year as I'm still finding the hills tough going!

Yet, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to kit. If I'm going to an organised ride, part of it is looking at other bikes and being at least a little bit proud of the bike I'm on. Yeah, I know, it's probably why I end up at the back all the time! But still...

I've got about £450 max but I keep looking at the Ribble Sportive 7005 which with a Tiagra Triple is £700 brand new...then there is a Colnago Ace 105 triple which has 40% off at only £1350...I could have that and my wife have my Spec Allez Elite!

If only I had the money...sigh...it's an illness.

2. Nihal

Nihal Veteran

Its not the bike that matters...............or so i thought:tongue:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny Faster on HFLC

Mmm, so they say...

4. tadpole

tadpole Senior Member

Rule#4 It is, absolutely, without question, unequivocally, about the bike. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously :eek:

5. Nihal

Nihal Veteran

Errrr.......Meant it as a joke.....sorry if anyone thought i was being rude:blush:

6. tadpole

tadpole Senior Member

I knew that, which is why I posted....:crazy:

Nihal likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice