It's Back!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

miloat said:
Bill odie makes me want to kill im afraid.

You aren't the only one... I can't stand the way that Bill Oddie wants to make sure we all know how wonderful Bill Oddie is and the only viewpoint on wildlife that has any merit is his.. and how incredibly witty he thinks he is...

I gather the Springwatch team is in Norfolk, not a zillion miles from me. It explains why I can't be arsed to get out on my bike much - I may run into Oddie.. lurking.. and that's a truly awful thought. He should have stuck with being in the Goodies: they were funny. As it is, I cannot watch Springwatch without having deep urges to do something nasty involving an entire tub of mealworms and a part of the Oddie anatomy the sun probably doesn't see very often, so I don't watch it. I just find him *grating*

Kill Oddie

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Surely it should be "Early Summer Watch" ? :biggrin:
The name flies in the face of what we have hitherto called the seasons we know, love and are familiar with. It's Oddie's old anarchist leanings, trying to foment revolt in society, create a vacuum and sweep to power on the back of social unrest. Probably. :biggrin:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
It's still spring. Summer does not start till the summer solstice, 21st June, when it starts getting darker again. Strangely though, midsummer's day is 25th June IIRC.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He should be tortured painfully. I 'll bet he was bullied at school for being a twerp. I would certainly have flicked ink down his back and hidden his satchel.
I enjoy wildlife programmes but I can't watch him anymore.

Simon King is a creepy, smiley sort of git too.(IMHO)

I'd certainly give KH one though although I probably wouldn't want it filmed with the other two giving a commentary on it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
tdr1nka said:
Very much the smarmy smug guy, should really be an estate agent.

Blimey, tdr, that's a bit harsh!:smile:

wafflycat

Jo25 said:
Not too sure about Oddie knowing his stuff (other than what is written down for him).

And I agree with the majority on this, he is an irritating bearded tit!

He is that no matter what programme he is on. He was a guest on a cookery programme and did exactly what he always does - does the full self-important bit and tried to take over. The man's ego has no bounds. IIRC he was also on Never Mind The Buzzcocks and was not a happy bunny as he was doing his full ego-trip and was having the p!$$ taken out of him merciliessly by the others, as Oddie just *didn't get* the format of the show... It was painfully wonderful to watch.

Top Bottom