It's dark now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shoppersports

Evening all, incoming from Fife.

I'll be honest, I'm here by default having been run down by a car while crossing the road in March. This has put paid to my regular hobbies of old cars and motorbikes so I've turned my attention to the old pushbikes that have been languishing in the shed for quite some time.

I've no interest in putting in loads of miles on a bicycle. I've tried, road and mountain bikes recently and lasted all of about 30 minutes before chucking them back in the van and going for a coffee.

I'm from the time when Grifters, Choppers and Burners were king and, frankly, all the new stuff leaves me pretty much unmoved. I will credit the Benelli electric city bike my wife's Grandfather bought last month with raising a smile though, I did enjoy that.

Anyway, hopefully I shall learn something from the forum and I am able to contribute something useful.

All the best, Sye

midlife

Guru
Welcome :smile: I was at one of the launches for the Grifter, the reps had to ride them around a stage in their suits...... They were not happy lol

Plenty of people on here from BITD :smile:

Hope you are on the mend :smile: what old cars are you into?

classic33

Leg End Member
Ayoop, another from North of the Border.

Why should the fact that your choice of bike, electric, not bring a smile to your face? It's a bike, you're riding it and its got you out. That's all that should matter. Enjoy it, to the full.

OP
OP
Shoppersports

Shoppersports

Thanks for the welcome, old car wise it's BL and Austin Rover stuff I'm into having served my time on them.

As for the old bikes, I have a 70s Hawk folding thing, seems to be still a fairly common thing and of little monetary value but my youngest daughter loves it and picks it to go out on before her MTB or BMX. The other is probably war era, not to sure, has a KB6 hub and S.A. quadrant shifter on the top tube. Big old thing.

Both are untidy but mechanically good, myself and the daughter did a charity cycle of about 10 miles on them last year mostly through forest tracks. Will seek some advice on the forum to try and identify the older bike, no intention of selling it, would like to know what it is at least.

Cheers all

midlife

Guru
Ohhh pics of the older bikes would be nice :smile:

ABT 313K..... Takes me back a bit, the number of my Morris 1100 lol

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Hello there .. :bicycle:

Top Bottom