It's 'ere!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
One day!

Although saying that, I did have a butchers at the Easton EA70 yesterday whilst in the shop and that is tres light. The carbon EC70 is only 20g lighter, but an extra 30 quid. The top end EC90 trims some more weight (99g!) by being only 560mm wide.

Bike will be going on a gradual diet, as he weighs around 11kg at the mo'. Wheels are very 'sturdy', but an expensive upgrade, so they'll have to stay put for now! Lighter tyres sooner, though, perhaps! :smile:

ratty2k

22 lbs (ish) in old money.... not too bad for what is basically a MTB... must admit its a great looker as well. I'd be tempted if I didn't have the Kaffenback.

I have a nice carbon OS flat bar if your'e interested..... Cant remeber details as I haven't used it in ages. PM me an offer if you want....

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
ratty2k said:
22 lbs (ish) in old money.... not too bad for what is basically a MTB... must admit its a great looker as well. I'd be tempted if I didn't have the Kaffenback.

I have a nice carbon OS flat bar if your'e interested..... Cant remeber details as I haven't used it in ages. PM me an offer if you want....

My old MTB weighs around the same and has suspension forks on it! I think it's mostly the hoops, as the ones on the other bike are hand-builts and a fair bit lighter. No discs probably helps, as well.

I'll think about the bar, but I do have a 15 quid Ritchey alloy one on the way, so I'll see how I get on with that first.

ratty2k

No worries, its just part of a collection of bits I need to shift on..... gonna have to hit ebay pretty hard and shift a load of stuff.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Nuvver pic for you to ogle. Gonna cut down the steerer tonight or tomorrow night at work, where I have more tools to do a neat job.

ratty2k

Stop teasing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'tis very nice! Nice set of polished XTR hydro brakes next..... then carbon post, stem aqnd bars.......

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
If you needed a 17" frame like mine you'd be out of luck anyways, as they're sold out for '08. Might be able to find one online somewhere, though?

If I'd not managed to sort out the gear hanger yesterday and it had to go back I would've been sans bike again! :smile:

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
New stem and bars fitted now. Position is much better and I'm liking the bike more and more. Dunno if I'll be able to ride to work tonight, as I've only just hairsprayed my grips back on for the third time!

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
They're still spinning now, but I don't want to go bike bit shopping again. I've spent over 400 quid this month already!

ratty2k

Hehe!! Buy 'em on Friday then!! Pretty cheap upgrade, stops all the fannying about with hairspray and the like...... and they are sooooo much easier to remove and replace if the need arises- like when you buy carbon bars on Friday as well to match!

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Friday is not pay day, unfortunately!

Going to Boston at the end of the month, so I will be searching for bike shops over there when I get there! Hope to find some cheap goodies!!

Top Bottom