Its finally complete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I've managed to keep the gumwall look by adding some tough schwalbe road cruisers in 32mm

They weigh in at 600g per tyre, but for now it's about commuting and not getting the punctures. Next week I will be fitting the 650b tubeless strada ush 42mm

OP
OP
J

jowwy

***update***
Another rear tyre destroyed on commute last night. Looks like the carbon rim has given up the ghost after 4yrs under my fat backside. Will check it further tonight.

So for now im going to go all in on the 650b x 42mm trial and if that goes ok. Im going to get a set if compass babyshoe pass in 42mm gumwall and tubeless.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Rebuilt again with 650B x 42mm clement USH tubeless ( due to destroying the carbon rims)

If it all works out i will be adding compass babyshoe pass to them in gumwall

20180713_172712.jpg

Richard.1

Can I ask how you get the 42T cassette to work as everything I read says etap is max 32T. Also etap is not supposed to be single chainring. Please educate me as your set up is exactly what I want for my bike. Thanks.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think a WolfTooth RoadLink was used to extend the rear mech's range?

PS WolfTooth say that it should support 11-40 but NOT 11-42 so I don't know if the 42 was actually used?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Yes i use a wofltooth roadlink to extend the wifli rear mech.........it takes a 42t easy without any issues with a single chainring, upto 40t with a double.

Richard.1

Thanks for the info regarding wolftooth, next item on shopping list. Can you advise regarding single chainring, any issues or install hints. Sram seems to say this is not recommended/possible?

AndyRM

XOXO
Very, very stylish build!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Thanks for the info regarding wolftooth, next item on shopping list. Can you advise regarding single chainring, any issues or install hints. Sram seems to say this is not recommended/possible?
I have had no issues in running that set-up at all. Just ensure you get a narrow-wide front chainring and correct chainline for your bike

Top Bottom