it's getting expensive this cycling lark

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Contacted Topeak who agreed it should be under warranty & to contact the supplier but come back to them if there were any issues, contacted Amazon who have shipped me a brand new one & advised to bin the old one.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Anyone remember making 'trackers' in the 80s composed of bits from scrapyards, you know, raleigh shopper front wheel, chopper back wheel, that sort of thing. That was cycling on a budget :okay:
We were doing very similar in the late 60's and 70's. Any old frame and whatever other bits we could find . Brakes seemed to be optional. 😉

We were doing very similar in the late 60's and 70's. Any old frame and whatever other bits we could find . Brakes seemed to be optional. 😉
Great stuff! Our early home made mountain bikes were nifty as well, basically a tracker with knobbly tyres and suitable touring cog!

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I reckon ive spent about >£1000 since last October. That is 2 bikes (one is an elephant bike). My large frame gets down the road just fine on them. None are bicycle superleggera and no i don't travel 40 miles a day but it doesn't have to be expensive....

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
only one bike and don't buy special clothing. Tubes last years, tyres last years, wheels last years, cables last years... it's just chains, cassettes and brake blocks mostly. Its as cheap or expensive as you want to make it.
Of course it depends on how much riding you do, conditions you ride in etc etc :smile: commuting if i get 6 months out of a tyre i do well

Top Bottom