its going to hurt tommorow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Been nearly 2 weeks since i commuted to work, i have been out for a few runs and a spin but it is not the same thing.
On top of which it will be the 1st night shift i have worked for a year and a half.....

I usually feel quite good after a fortnight off (by the time I've dealt with the kick up the bum from the hill near my house, that is).

Us top performers are supposed to rest our legs now and then :tongue:

potsy

Rambler
cyberknight said:
Been nearly 2 weeks since i commuted to work, i have been out for a few runs and a spin but it is not the same thing.
On top of which it will be the 1st night shift i have worked for a year and a half.....
Same here cyberknight,almost 2 weeks for me but have done just over 60 miles this week while I've been off.Think the 4.15 get up tomorrow might kill me,especially as I'm staying up very late to watch the Masters:smile:

potsy said:
Very true,emptyish roads almost make up for the lack of sleep:smile:

....and I don't mean my cycling chums ;)

Lack of sleep? I had five hours last night before I went to work and I feel shagged now.;)

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
hackbike 666 said:
I commute at 430am tomorrow.TIA

Nice time for it though better than 9am when all the muppets are out.

Nights will be 7 pm with a 5 am return,days are 6 am and 4 pm.

On days its not to bad on the way in but i hit the school runs coming home on days .As i come past repton School (ala clarkson went too) we get lots of sporty/expensive /4x4`s with numpties who think they own the road as well as half of a county ;)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
My 6.30am commute yesterday has hurt me. first time it was reasonably warm since last autumn, the roads were nearly deserted and I decided to open the taps and go for it. A new PB for the year by nearly 5 minutes but I feel like someone has hit me in the gut with a cricket bat today, I'd not realised until this how much I've eased off and hidden in my comfort zone over the winter.

Im looking forward to more fixie action....I really do need a warning horn on the bike though for all the prats.Change of route also...Not Westminster Bridge tommorow.

Top Bottom