It's gone insect mental out there...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In the office blimey.

We had it right outside the office door once - amazing sight, but cleared in a couple of hours.

Seen it happen at home in the garden, and also out on a ride - mad. I'd been out in Peaks, climbed Blaze Hill in mid 20s heat, Lamaload, then up the 1 in 5 to the Cat and Fiddle - the road was covered in flying ants - either the road was greasy, or I was squashing ants under my tyres as it was well hard keeping traction !

PS nothing to report in South Manchester yet !

potsy

Rambler
Was awful coming home tonight, loads of the little buggers, had to ride part of the way with one hand over my mouth.
Like getting hit by hailstone thru Stockport town centre ph34r.gif

Seigi

Ate at least a dozen during my daily cycle, with many more in my hair -.-.

The landing is covered in flies, literally there's like a 100, some dead, some still alive, the spiders will be loving it. I cleared 20 out of my bedroom (Can't sleep knowing they're all around), the fly tape seems to be completely useless, there's like 3 flies dead on it as oppose to dozens dead by the windows, and many more still alive trying to get out at the window. They fly indoors to cool down but want back outside instantly :tongue:

G-Zero

Über Member
A few summers ago I was coming down a fell from the summit of Blencathra (on foot) and ended up in a massive swarm of 1000's of flying ants that seemed to be just appearing from underground. That was my first attempt at fell running to escape the blighters.

It was only recently that I found out flying ants don't bite.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Swallowed a bug this morning and opened my mouth to shout "meat group!" and promptly swallowed several more.
stopped at my usual lights and had to spit a few out.
oh the fun :biggrin:

Top Bottom