Its happened again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok I`ve bought and fitted Krylions to the wheels and on further investigation I think the problem is with the wheels. The rim tape thats been fitted is not fitting fully. Namely the valve hole has metal showing round the hole, so i suspect that the tube has maybe been rubbing ? Anyway stuck some tape round about so nothing rubbing now hopefully :sad:

MrGrumpy said:
Ok I`ve bought and fitted Krylions to the wheels and on further investigation I think the problem is with the wheels. The rim tape thats been fitted is not fitting fully. Namely the valve hole has metal showing round the hole, so i suspect that the tube has maybe been rubbing ? Anyway stuck some tape round about so nothing rubbing now hopefully :sad:

Ye canny blame the fairy for that then can ye?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Provided a tyre has some decree of protection, I think it is more down to riding position than anything else.

All the above said, it must be noted that I am incredibly fussy when it comes to equiping my bike, and on the tyres front, performance comes waaaaaay above the odd 10mins changing a tube here and there.

Oh yes. Hence I'm on Conti GP4000s on the fixed, and 406 Schwalbe Stelvios
on the 'bent.

Tetedelacourse

I hit the mother of all potholes last night at about 30kph and got a pinch p*nct*re. I should have spotted it but then it shouldn't have been there either. This was at the point where you break off the A90 to go up past the Dalmeny estate. Luckily it was a very slow one and I managed to cycle all the way to Dalmeny train station before it went completely flat. The last 500m were done no-handed to preserve what air was left in they tube.

Credit where it's due though, there is not so much as a kink or a bash in the Shimano R561 rims. Thankfully.

I got my first p*ncture for a while on Sunday, it was a bit more rapid but luckily it hit only 1/2 a mile from my parents house I was kipping at (the cycle cut through at the top of Malcolm Street, Dunfermline)

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Tetedelacourse said:
I hit the mother of all potholes last night at about 30kph and got a pinch p*nct*re. I should have spotted it but then it shouldn't have been there either. This was at the point where you break off the A90 to go up past the Dalmeny estate. Luckily it was a very slow one and I managed to cycle all the way to Dalmeny train station before it went completely flat. The last 500m were done no-handed to preserve what air was left in they tube.

Credit where it's due though, there is not so much as a kink or a bash in the Shimano R561 rims. Thankfully.

are you talking about the slip road going up the hill from Cramond Brig

Tynan

Veteran
I have to say that a quite a few of the shockers on my route have been well fixed in the last few months, which is nice after having to ride them or swrve them day after day, perhaps I oughta start reporting

Top Bottom