It's here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

This is a relatively cheap one tbh - more 'i'm a trendy hipster, lets go for a drink at the craft beer and bicycle repair independent fair-trade coffee shop' than a lightweight racer

Crandoggler

To be honest, if I did get one, it would quite literally do 1 mile per day, rain or shine. Which makes me want to buy a shoot house one from eBay.

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

I'm not planning on doing mega miles on this one, quick trips to the shop/pub/school run/work etc and some rides with the little one, seems a bit mean riding the other one with him!

Nice looking bike!

I built my first SS for the short rides you are talking about - a dash to the shops, pub, mates etc, and to generally get my fitness up.

Then one of my little trips raged out of control and next thing I knew was that I'd done 100 miles in one go on it!

It was not too bad really. SS means no faffing about with gears, just get your head down and get on with it. It was only my (lack of) fitness that let me down - I'd like to say that my legs refused to speak to me the next day, but they did and most of what they had to say was not particularly polite... ;-)

Happy cycling!

J

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I wonder, would you have said that had we met face to face?

Well, since you posted pictures of it here I presumed you wanted an honest opinion, but if it makes you happier then I think it is a lovely machine that is just superb in every department ? Better ? :wacko:

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

No I wasn't asking for opinions, nor do I want people to tell me what they think I want to hear, if I had asked for opinions I'd like them to be truthful. I like the bike, I chose it for me, not anyone else so I'm not fussed what you or anyone else thinks.

My point was whether or not you would have said that to my face. Imagine I rode up to a club ride we were both attending, both virtual strangers, would you have come up to me to tell me you thought it was nice enough but had ugly wheels? Or is it easier to say via the faceless internet?

To be honest I couldn't really care either way, just made me wonder which type of person you are. Perhaps it's the "if you've nothing nice to say, say nothing" schooling I've received.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
No I wasn't asking for opinions, nor do I want people to tell me what they think I want to hear, if I had asked for opinions I'd like them to be truthful. I like the bike, I chose it for me, not anyone else so I'm not fussed what you or anyone else thinks.

My point was whether or not you would have said that to my face. Imagine I rode up to a club ride we were both attending, both virtual strangers, would you have come up to me to tell me you thought it was nice enough but had ugly wheels? Or is it easier to say via the faceless internet?

To be honest I couldn't really care either way, just made me wonder which type of person you are. Perhaps it's the "if you've nothing nice to say, say nothing" schooling I've received.

Interesting that you didn't seem to mind people saying it was lovely even though you claim to not want people to tell you what they think :rolleyes: And no, I wouldn't wander up to you and tell you the wheels were ugly, however, if you asked my opinion either here or to my face, I would tell you that they were bl**dy ugly, and I assume you would be happy with that since you would like opinions to be truthful ?

Ho hum ...

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

Like I said it wasn't a post asking for opinions, and I assumed the basic manners most of us were taught as children would transfer to this 'fun and friendly online cycling community'

The fact you wouldn't come up and say it to my face but are happy to be so rude whilst hiding behind your keyboard demonstrates exactly my point. It's cowardly and rude just for the sake of it.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Like I said it wasn't a post asking for opinions, and I assumed the basic manners most of us were taught as children would transfer to this 'fun and friendly online cycling community'

The fact you wouldn't come up and say it to my face but are happy to be so rude whilst hiding behind your keyboard demonstrates exactly my point. It's cowardly and rude just for the sake of it.

Oh for flips sake, that is exactly what I didn't say :wacko:

Last edited:
I saw the " No cycling " shot on Quellas Instagram page earlier. I have a Cambridge too but with bullhorns and I love em, so comfy and lots of leverage when grinding up a hill. I upgraded my front brake and removed the rear, it makes the back end look so clean. I'm sure you'll enjoy many miles on it. :okay:

Top Bottom