It's here...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Moodyman, 18 May 2010.

1. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Summer that it.

Just checked the weather forecast - high teens / low twenties into the weekend.

Yippeee!

2. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cue-summer-temperatures-forecast-hit-39C.html

3. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Disappointed...thought you had a new bike.

4. OP
    OP
    Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Forecasters say that every year and we always get wash outs. Not hold me breath.

5. OP
    OP
    Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Disappointed...thought you had a new bike.

I picked that up 3 weeks ago. Charge Mixer. Lovely, comfortable bike. Though you'd know that as it's the same frame as your Charge Plug.

6. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Any pics?:biggrin:

7. OP
    OP
    Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Will load onto PC and post in the Gallery section next couple days

8. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

We'll pay for it; wait until the summer rainy season starts. Remember Boscastle?

9. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

The pic I saw on t'internet it looks very similar?
    Has it got bull horn bars?

Those bull horn bars are license for cabbies to drive that slightly bit closer because they think you are a courier?:biggrin:

10. OP
    OP
    Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

No it's got flat bars. I added L shaped bar ends for added hand positions.

11. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

It's ok but the brake handles are near the stem....oh sometimes I forget im riding fixie and vice versa.:biggrin:

12. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

Yeah ... its been lovely today... I risked shorts this morning and my legs and arms have been soothed by lovely warm sun all day long. My sun hats are still up in the attic as with my flip flops etc... so I need to do a raid fairly quickly in case this is the only chance to wear them.

13. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

i even lay in the sun on my towel in castle park for an hour. i will not be pasty this year!

14. NigC

NigC New Member

:biggrin: I work in a cave windowless office (to the outside world, anyway) and have caught glimpses of some sunshine when I get the chance to see out of a real window. But 15 minutes before leaving the office, the cloud pushes in and I miss it completely on my ride home :biggrin: I'll get you next time, sun :biggrin:

15. Matthames

Matthames Über Member

These sort of things should come with a government health warning. What tends to happen is the met office say there is warm weather on its way, they are only referring to temperatures and not rainfall. A lot of people tend to get sucked in to thinking that if it is warm it is automatically sunny. The two are not mutually exclusive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice