It's May.. and it's bleedin' cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
ianrauk said:
bbbbrrrrrrr!!! may have to get the leg warmers out again.. near mid may and it's bleedin' freezin' :tongue: had to pedal harder and faster to keep warm :biggrin:....lovely sunny commute though..

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except amoebic dysentery....

Gains

Definately on the brisk side again over here in Herts. Iv only started riding recently and stuck with the shorts and couple of layers for the morning! Still, is quite nice seeing a bit of dew every now and then though - almost picturesque!

Think splashing out on some overshoes and full fingered gloves may come before the autumn if it keeps up mind!:tongue:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
bbbbrrrrrrr!!! may have to get the leg warmers out again.. near mid may and it's bleedin' freezin' :tongue: had to pedal harder and faster to keep warm :biggrin:....lovely sunny commute though..

I was fully "dressed" today with a back pack full of "winter" gear (ready for the supposed downpour this afternoon:sad:).

Didnt find it too cold to be honest (but I was dressed like Scott of the Artic) and I almost stopped to take my sleeves off around halfway...but that wind was really really gusty...my only real downhill bit (I shant name the name or we will all hijack the thread again) was really slow, with a full on headwind that i had to pedal (DOWN HILL) to get through!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Sheffield_Tiger said:
AThe last thing that needs adding to the mix is some twit weaving around trying to change gear with left hand whilst trying not to spill her coffee held in her right.

That's the sort of cyclist I want around me. They are perfect for persuading car drivers to leave a decent amount of room.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Watt-O said:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except amoebic dysentery....

Strange I always thought that quote was "What doesn't kill you, maims you and leaves you dribbling in a wheelchair...."

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's because your one is boring....:tongue:

Sorry didn't see your thread.. but then again.. who cares :biggrin:

Crankarm said:
Some one has nicked my thread cold/freezing thread :smile:.

Here is the original and genuine article https://www.cyclechat.net/

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I suggest that we form a coalition of the two threads. Although it may take several days of discussions to sort out the fine detail and agree on common ground.

BrumJim said:
I suggest that we form a coalition of the two threads. Although it may take several days of discussions to sort out the fine detail and agree on common ground.

I think the other thread's leader should resign. :tongue:

oliglynn

Über Member
Brrr

I started commuting to work a few weeks back and bought my first proper bit of kit (shorts and short sleeve jersies) whilst the weather was warmer thinking that would be all i'd need for the summer.... already had to invest in a gillet and am looking for some armwarmers at present too! Dayamn!

I got a bit extravagant a couple of months ago and bought a spring/autumn, merino lined shirt from Ground Effect. Boy is it paying for itself. I keep putting the cold weather gloves away... just to find out I was wrong. Again!

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Jezston said:
What's the weather like on the other side of the globe at the moment? Hotter than usual?
I try to get out everyday. On Sunday, I left at my usual time - 6am to beat the heat and the traffic; 6 kms into the ride and I had had enough! Checked on the internet and the temp was 41°C and 84% humidity. Met a friend for coffee today, I normally time my ride do that I am at the coffee shop at 10 am but I just decided to ride the 5kms from home to the coffee shop, called in at the barbers on the way home. So two rides with the magnificent mileage of 22.36 kmw and utterly exhausted!
The rainy seasom should start any day now and, fortunately, it rains mainly overnight or late afternoon, last year, I think I had to cancel less than 10 rides and was caught out in the rain about 4 times.

Top Bottom