It's mine, all mine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
There it is just collected it earlier with £100 worth of accessories such as : spd pedals, 2 bottle cages and saddle bag. Happy chap.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice, better than the red/white.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Well, had a quick ride earlier and it won't shift onto the big ring. The lever refuses to move so it is going back in the morning for them to sort it.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Well, had a quick ride earlier and it won't shift onto the big ring. The lever refuses to move so it is going back in the morning for them to sort it.
That's disappointing, hope they fix it immediately for you and check the rest of the set up thoroughly.

You'll soon be racking up the miles!

Punkawallah

Über Member
Haven't got something fastened across a cable? I had a gear changing problem where they had fixed a child seat across a cable run . . .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's probably a silly question, but... are you familiar with how the shifters work? It could be that you are trying to move the wrong lever!

(I got a bit confused on my CAADX which has Shimano shifters, whereas I have used only Campagnolo for over 20 years. They work differently.)

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

It's probably a silly question, but... are you familiar with how the shifters work? It could be that you are trying to move the wrong lever!

(I got a bit confused on my CAADX which has Shimano shifters, whereas I have used only Campagnolo for over 20 years. They work differently.)
I have been using Shimano shifters for 10 years so that's not the problem. :whistle:

ColinJ

I have been using Shimano shifters for 10 years so that's not the problem. :whistle:
If you get hold of the gear cable inner with your hand, can you pull it and move the derailleur? If that works, then the shifter has a problem. If the cable won't budge then the shifter is probably ok but something further along is wrong!

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

If you get hold of the gear cable inner with your hand, can you pull it and move the derailleur? If that works, then the shifter has a problem. If the cable won't budge then the shifter is probably ok but something further along is wrong!
The bike is not even one day old so , under the guarantee, I dare not touch anything and let the shop fix it tomorrow.

ColinJ

The bike is not even one day old so , under the guarantee, I dare not touch anything and let the shop fix it tomorrow.
I wasn't sure how far you are from the shop. If it is easy to get to, fair enough. If it is hours away I would be tempted to have a look myself. I'm sure they will sort it out for you pretty quickly.

Don't forget to come back and tell us what the problem was!

Top Bottom