It's my birthday today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Happy birthday Maggot!! :tongue:

I have an Edge 305, it is brilliant fun. You'll love it.

domtyler

Über Member
Paulus said:
Happy birthday Maggot. Whats a 205 thingy?

Derrrrr.... it's a GPS thingy that goes on your arm for running training. The Edge is for cycling. You can upload all your data to a web site called Motionbased and get lots of nice stats and graphs like this:

Essex_40.jpg

Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 2:16:42 3:21 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 2:16:33 3:21 pace
Distance (mi ) 40.63
Moving Speed (mph) 17.9 avg. 43.4 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +2,798 / -2,861

Temperature (°F) 59°F avg. 62.6°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) W 10.7 avg. W 11.5 max.

GPS Signal Quality Excellent GPS+Barometric Altimeter

happy birthday! i don't think a garmin 205 would suit me, i don't run fast enough or far enough for it to register any change in data!

happy birthday maggot! my birthday today too :ohmy: i got a book called 'crap cycle lanes' reviewed in velovision magazine. i really wanted 'cycling and society' reviewed by arch in said magazine, but at £55 it was a bit much.
it's strange that i have to ask for things specifically, otherwise i'd never get anything to do with cycling or my other interests of science, technology, astronomy etc. quite often my present requests are ignored, but this christmas was ok. i got 'the god delusion' by richard dawkins, a solar powered radio, and a wind up phone charger/torch thing :biggrin:

cheers, velocidad :tongue:

it's strange that i have to ask for things specifically, otherwise i'd never get anything to do with cycling or my other interests

In our family, we all prefer useful presents so a lot of hint-dropping goes on around Christmas and birthdays ... and still Santa didn't pick up on my request for chain oil and a new puncture repair kit! :sad:

Happy Birthday to you! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom