1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's new bike time!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Joe, 25 Jun 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Über Member

I've decided.
    Next week (providing I survive the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge on my old ill fitting >10kg steelie) I will start test riding some road bikes:biggrin:
    This cycling lark is proving to most definitely not be a fad, obsession seems to be more fitting.
    I have £1k to spend and fit is my main concern. Nice and light would be good too as I'd like to have something to complement my 55kg before I get old and fat;)
    But most importantly of course, it has to look ****ing sexy.

My head says to get a Focus Cayo/Planet X type job but the heart says "nooooooo get a 'real bike' even if it does weigh more and you get less for your cash":blush: I'm a bike snob aren't I?
    I'm currently coveting the Bianchi B4P 1885 Hydro Carbon Veloce (what a mouthful).
    [​IMG]
    Mmmmm celeste.

Any other decent Campag equiped bikes in my price range?

How would you spend my £1k (no beer)?

2. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

I would go for the Planet-X - it looks fantastic, you get so much more for your money, and they are nice people who know what they are doing.

3. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Get a planet-x and put Bianchi stickers on it?

4. longers

longers Veteran

55kg? You must be good on hills Joe.

5. OP
    OP
    Joe

Joe Über Member

Definitely my best terrain, aye. Getting blown over in a light breeze is not so good!:biggrin:

6. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

You weigh pretty much what I weigh. Are you a small whippet or am I a fat munter?

7. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I've just seen your photo...phew, you're a pup!! I shall have ice-cream after all.