It's not about the

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
HELMET.

There I have said it. But this isn't about helmets

So I don't always wear one, rarely to be honest, but nevertheless over the weekend I did and while I was adjusting the position of it while riding along a bit of the polycarbonate shell simply crumbled, split and broke off. It must be 10 or 12 years old so I suppose it owes me nothing.
So looking online at bike helmets I happened across this description:

Our team has designed this mountain bike helmet for protecting you from branches and impacts on your first mountain bike rides (up to 1½ hours). It's comfortable and easy to adjust, and has nine holes that are larger than most for better ventilation.

'
designed for protecting you from branches and impacts on your first mountain bike rides' ?

'(up to 1½ hours)' ?

So after the first few rides it suddenly becomes useless ? Or maybe you need to upgrade to one that's for 'experienced riders ?

God forbid you ride for more than 1½ hours. Maybe it evaporates, or suddenly becomes a flat cap.

I know manufactures have to say something but why pump out complete rubbish? It does nothing for the product. I guess we are used to it with regards to car adverts and promos for tv shows and so on.

But bike helmets ?

classic33

Leg End Member
Well you know that van, the one you seem to keep on passing every ride. It's a travelling salesman timing you, and hoping you'll need to buy another, because you went over the time limit.

Top Bottom