It's not just the roads in Swansea that can be dangerous !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cycling in to work tonight I had to stop and remove some parcel tape, which was placed across the cycle path.

It was firmly secured between two stanchions, across the cycle path at chest height. I managed to stop in time, but if it had been a less visible it may have been a different story. I reported the matter to the local plod.

If you know Mumbles Swansea cycle path, it was just after Tivoli heading towards Verdi’s. With hindsight I should have taken a photo.

I guess a much sharper lookout is required in the future?

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
:eek:
Good job you spotted it.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Twice in the past month I've been caught out in the dark and the wet. Gone over a load of smashed bottles. First lot were under a load of wet leaves they seemed to have scattered on top to hide it, second time yesterday morning the lights were partially out on a cycle path due to the bad weather.

I dont know what goes on in the minds of people who try to booby trap riders like this.

Kookas

Über Member
Twice in the past month I've been caught out in the dark and the wet. Gone over a load of smashed bottles. First lot were under a load of wet leaves they seemed to have scattered on top to hide it, second time yesterday morning the lights were partially out on a cycle path due to the bad weather.

I dont know what goes on in the minds of people who try to booby trap riders like this.

Hmm, do you think they might've been muggers, puncturing tyres so people would stop and give them an opportunity to go in and take their bikes?

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
I know this is bad but what about the morons who turn the traffic lights round?

That's when our four wheeled friends aren't crashing into them.:blink:

young Ed

Veteran
I'm 'appy i live in the country with n't so many folks round 'ere you know an' i does try to stay away from 'ose cities and towns y' know!
Cheers Ed

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hmm, do you think they might've been muggers, puncturing tyres so people would stop and give them an opportunity to go in and take their bikes?

Doubtful. Plenty of bikes have been robbed off people without it. The usual approach here is to have two lads jump out in the park and push the rider over, then take the bike.

Top Bottom