Its only taken six months, but finally.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
After reading many specs, test riding more bikes than l will admit to, comparing models, l've finally just ordered one!

To be fair it's not for me, it's for MrsW so we can do some weekend touring together.

But after much anguish, l've gone for a 2024 Cube Kathmandu SLX 750.

It's certainly a heavy old bus due to the monster battery, but that's the price you pay if you want the range and payload capacity guess.

Emanresu

Nice looking bike and 750W battery. That will cover a lot of ground.

Seems these bikes are getting better quite quickly.

Thats literally a bike I've just been looking at recently, though I may have to wait until 2025 to treat myself.

This is a stumbling block l must admit, coz no way is it going on the roof rack and lm sure it will not fit inside the car!

Have you got a towbar? Thule do an excellent rear carrier which also pulls out and down to allow boot access whilst bikes on it, my parents used to regularly carry 2 e-bikes on it.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Ms AU has a human powered Cube Kathmandu that she commutes on. It was bought in 2021. It's a great bike, and does the job required very well.

It has a couple of oddities which may not apply to a newer model.

It has an Octalink crankset, which will be replaced with a normal square taper BB as soon as it fails. It has a QR front wheel and a through axle at the back. The day will come when I replace the heavy QR suspension fork with a rigid one.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Thats literally a bike I've just been looking at recently, though I may have to wait until 2025 to treat myself.

Have you got a towbar? Thule do an excellent rear carrier which also pulls out and down to allow boot access whilst bikes on it, my parents used to regularly carry 2 e-bikes on it.

We haven't a tow bar and l would be very reluctant to go down that route.

Top Bottom