It's real now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ice2911

Über Member
As I have just booked my train with bike to Penzance from Norwich. So it's definitely LEJOG. Booking early meant a fare of £31.90 which I was amazed at. Also pre booked train back from Inverness (£42) so now I have a time frame I have to work to, but I've given myself a leisurely 3 weeks so I can enjoy the ride and stop to enjoy the views. I now need to finalise the route but will be flexible during the ride. I Have also just spent a couple of days riding with Steve who is likely to join me and riding a few hills. My training miles are building up nicely. Exciting times but also a little apprehensive. Thanks for all the help and advice I have received on here.

LEJOGI

Shaun

Founder
Sounds great - one of those tours that is on my to-do list (someday) - when are you going?

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Good luck to you and I am thinking about doing something like this myself so do pass on any training tips / advice if you can.

Shaun

Founder
17th June this has been on my list for 30 years and finally going to do it :smile:
Congrats on finally getting around to it - hopefully it'll be all the more enjoyable for the wait. Three weeks sounds like a good time window, you shouldn't have any pressure on you and it'll give you some time to take in the sights along the way. Enjoy. ^_^

Not Jealous at all :notworthy: fancy doing it myself one day... Hope you enjoy it!

Snizzlepops

Happy Cycling. This is also my aim one day and would love to have a companion(s) but I don't know anyone that shares the same aim!

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Happy Cycling. This is also my aim one day and would love to have a companion(s) but I don't know anyone that shares the same aim!
I was in the same position as you and found someone through this forum. We met up and had a couple of rides together. Had a similar approach as to how we want to do this and made plans from there. There is lots of help and support on here so when you are ready to do it just ask and I'm sure there will be someone mad enough to take on the challenge. Best of luck and enjoy riding your bike.

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Please keep off the A30! It's treacherous for cyclists.

Have a great time and don't forget, when in Cornwall, JAM FIRST!
Definitely avoiding A30. Jam first and cream thick enough to leave your teeth marks in, that's part of the plan!

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Congrats on finally getting around to it - hopefully it'll be all the more enjoyable for the wait. Three weeks sounds like a good time window, you shouldn't have any pressure on you and it'll give you some time to take in the sights along the way. Enjoy. ^_^
Thank you and I do intend to enjoy every minute. Remind me of this when I might be swearing under my breath as I'm climbing another hill!

Top Bottom