Its rough out there today......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Pete said:
Well, a bit of classification needed here: there's (i) rain, there's (ii) p!ssing down, and there's (iii) what we had outside, this morning. I wasn't outside this morning. I don't go out in (iii). I pray earnestly never to get caught out in (iii). :biggrin::ohmy::biggrin:. 'nuff said, I may be stupid but I'm not that much a fool!

Ah yes iii I know exactly what you are on about, my mrs thought the windows were gonna come through the other night.

longers

Legendary Member
Well my tinkering was almost a success. I lost a jockey wheel on a busy road with no hope of retreiving it and had a 3 mile walk back panniered and shopped up. Everything else is ticketyboo though and it wasn't raining at the time.

I think all I need now is some advice on keeping my new chain clean. There doesn't seem to be much on this site about the subject :biggrin:.

Melvil

Actually rather nice in Fife today...climbed West Lomond and then East Lomond, lovely views from the summits - at West Lomond a glider flew very close to the summit and banked tightly - brilliant sight.

However, as we were climbing West Lomond the fog came in very very quick - in less than a minute we couldn't see more than a hundred yards in front of us and then five minutes later it was all clear again - wierd!

trio25

Über Member
I went out today, did 30 hilly miles which was enough in this weather. But was glad I went it was a great ride.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not so bad in sunny Peterborough..
Rainy this morning, but not terriby...windy but bright this afternoon.

Went out at 3pm, wind was showing as 20 to 30mph SWesterlies...:biggrin:

Find a nice pace against the wind for 10 miles.....then....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin: all the way home.

Christ, i havnt rode that fast for ages. Brilliant. Best ride for a while :biggrin:

abchandler

Went out for 10 miles this morning, first time in months I've felt like getting on the bike, so really enjoyed it. A bit windy and the roads were wet from earlier rain, but a very pleasant pootle

We were lucky today it seemed to be gap between the storms, although everything was flooded the winds had dropped and we got out of the City and had a great time. I clocked 44 miles but at an extremely slow group pace, stopping for lunch and a pint half way. Had to briefly go through the city centre on the way home, it was so manic there, I was so glad I had been somewhere else all day.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Stuck in a karate comp all day - poorly organised, had hundreds of kids hanging about for 7 hours..

Start time 10.00am - nothing kicked off till 11.30 - argh.... really poorly thought through. My son's first comp, got through first round then faced a red belt, about two years older and a foot higher.... !

Bigtallfatbloke

I chickened out and helped our son decorate the house for Christmas

Top Bottom