It's started.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
If you need a bike could be a good time to buy
Don't think so. As you stated in the title 'it's started'. This still feels like those Black Friday 'deals' following several months of hiked price tags - just in the scale of years. Looking forward to further reductions and ultimately, relatively, reasonable numbers.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Canyon have cut the prices of their bikes for UK customers:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/canyon-uk-bike-price-reductions/
Still look very overpriced to me. I'm sure you will see other manufacturers following suit over the coming weeks.
if you need a bike could be a good time to buy

Also they seem to not have much stock available, I have email alerts set up on a few models in my size and they're still very much not in stock, although they do have some sizes in stock, it doesn't help me much.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Agree with @wafter so many people splash out on a bike for this and a bike for that it seems before eventually realising one quality cycle for daily use does most things unless you are an athlete of some kind.

Jameshow

Veteran
Agree with @wafter so many people splash out on a bike for this and a bike for that it seems before eventually realising one quality cycle for daily use does most things unless you are an athlete of some kind.

I must be an athlete then!🤣🤣🤣

I need a bike for all seasons

Winter spring summer autumn!🤣🤣🤣

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
You want more than need I suspect and are lucky enough to be able to afford more than one bike.

mustang1

Guru
I just checked the 'discount', £400 off a £10k bike.....I paid 60% list price for a brand new Specialized Creo just before Xmas. Canyon needs to add an extra 0 to those 'discounts'!

Yeah! Like if going down a ladder that has 100 rungs, this price drop is merely (or should be) just the first rung.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
To be fair as much as I like the idea of one bike to rule them all, in practice I think personally I'd struggle and I think there's some legitimacy in different bikes for different purposes. IMO the biggest issue with the new market is the drive for high, marketing-led turnover of high-margin yet increasingly disposible products.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
To be fair as much as I like the idea of one bike to rule them all, in practice I think personally I'd struggle and I think there's some legitimacy in different bikes for different purposes. IMO the biggest issue with the new market is the drive for high, marketing-led turnover of high-margin yet increasingly disposible products.

You mean capitalism is the issue. I won't disagree with you on that.

gzoom

Über Member

My Boardman eBike has a solid upright alloy frame, rack, mudguards, feels like a lorry to ride due to 1.5kg worth of punctures proof tires, and last night I just put on a Litelok frame mount (nearly another 2kgs added). But it's the perfect tool for commuting in all weather's (but not icy roads ;)).

My newly acquired Specialized Creo eBike is the opposite, responsive carbon frame, wheels that weigh less than just the tires of the Boardman, and a far more engaging ride.

Even if I stripped the Boardman right down it wouldn't be as good as the Creo to ride, and putting all the communing gear on the Creo ruinings an amazing frameset.

Next on the shopping list is a folding eBike, and than maybe one with proper suspension.......after that maybe I'll have enough eBikes :smile:.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I like tinkering so it's as much a hobby as riding.

Absolutely. I'm sure we can't be alone either.

The getting things 'just so', making things individual / customised, carrying out upgrades of course, the solitude of having time to yourself while achieving all of the affore-mentioned etc etc. I really enjoy ALL that side of it........

Top Bottom