It's this a keeper?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roller

Hello, I'm a relative amateur and was recently given this bike by me stepfather. It has a busted headshock but despite some cracky tires and rusty looking gears it seems to work well. Is it worth fixing the headshock and sprucing the rest up over tube, or should I try to sell it and move on?

Attachments

• 20210804_161903.jpg
    20210804_161903.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210804_161908.jpg
    20210804_161908.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210804_161918.jpg
    20210804_161918.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 22

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Are you in the USA? Here in the UK Cannondale is considered a quality brand and even used bikes are not cheap due to stock shortages and high demand. You would easily sell that bike in the UK.

If you like the bike and it's a good size for you though, why not keep it? It all depends how much it would cost you in parts to fix up, compared to what a decent used bike would cost to buy. Labour costs nothing and it's a good brand.

Hello, I'm a relative amateur and was recently given this bike by me stepfather. It has a busted headshock but despite some cracky tires and rusty looking gears it seems to work well. Is it worth fixing the headshock and sprucing the rest up over tube, or should I try to sell it and move on?
Remember those! 'USA Made' sticker? Sun rims? I would be lavishing lots of care and attention then keeping :okay:

aj101

These were really good in their day - the headshok has to be serviced by a proper mechanic though, the boot should be easy enough to get hold of for about 20USD on ebay. Very stiff, very fast XC bikes.

OP
OP
Roller

Roller

I think I will be looking to sell it and acquire something newer and and more simple <$3-400. Thank you for your guidance.

Top Bottom