ITU Leeds 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The UK round of the ITU World Series has been given to Leeds

What a crowd-drawer, to see the Brownlees in action, in their home city*

Swim will be in Roundhay Park, with the ride & run routes to be revealed later
Finishing in the City centre, probably by the Town Hall

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...-time-as-leeds-lands-triathlon-coup-1-7267122

http://www.triathlon.org/news/article/locations_confirmed_for_world_championship_races

* Unless they hike up onto the Moors to see the brothers at a Woodentops fell-race, which is where they began their (out of school) competitive running days
I've been in the same races, up there, as them, & it's incredible watching them on the same hills
http://woodentops.org.uk/index.php?topic=home

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Yorkshire should bid for the Olympics. And the World Cup. :okay:

Ian A

Über Member
Hoping to get a place in amateur version. Be nice if amateurs get to race on the same course as the pros for the city centre finish. Done the London one twice and the support is always fantastic but this one will probably be a bit more "special". Hopefully there will be a big festival including camping in Leeds similar to the Tour de France. it works well for the triathlon relay champs.

Tommy2

Über Member
Got my start time, 08:12, not as early as some in our club, one guy starting at 07:00!!
But that's not early compared to middle and long distance start times.
The AG course is similar to the elites but differs slightly
Elites do 2 short swim loops AG do 1 long loop of the lake.
Ride is AG do Roundhay park ->city centre then back to Roundhay park-> city centre, where as elites do Roundhay park to city centre once then 7 loops of the city centre.
Run is AG 5 laps of city centre, elite is 4 slightly longer laps of the city centre.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Lets hope that they get the frantic resurfacing work on East Parade and Calverley Street finished in time...:laugh:

Seriously though, this is another great event for the city and the wider region. I've got a mate who is taking part in the amateur event, so will be trying to get to Roundhay Park to cheer him on. :bravo:

Ian A

Über Member
0706 for me on Sunday. Staying with my parents in Oxenhope so probably going to register Saturday and set up T2 if I can. Need to chat with people there on Saturday and make plans for Sunday morning as to whether I park at start or finish (if that's even possible) on Sunday. Out of shape, overweight and any other excuse I can think of. I'll be so bad I may wear my tri top with my name on so everyone knows I'm s-h-i-t-e. If I can squeeze into it :laugh:.

Ian A

Über Member
Lol, who cares how crap you might be, my training hasn't gone to an at all with injury and family commitments. I ain't gonna win any medals in my age group but I will have fun!!!

I just love talking excuses more than racing :laugh:. You can never have ideal prep with a family but they let me do races so can't complain. Planning on enjoying it and having a good go at overcooking on the bike and blowing up on the run ^_^. I did Hyde Park last year and had a great race. Might be slower this year!

Yorkshire should bid for the Olympics. And the World Cup. :okay:
We ranked 7th, at the 2012 Olympics!!!

Screen-Shot-2012-08-06-at-09.04.17.png

Ian A

Über Member
We ranked 7th, at the 2012 Olympics!!!

Screen-Shot-2012-08-06-at-09.04.17.png
Despite being a proud Yorkshireman this isn't really true. Someone came up with it during the Olympics and it stuck. Some of the medals were for rowing or cycling teams where one member of the team was from Yorkshire but the rest of the team weren't. Not quite the same. Feel like a traitor now :laugh:.

Top Bottom