itunes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I buy CDs and rip them, for the most part, though I will use the Amazon mp3 store if I only want a couple of tracks. If the download price is almost as much as the physical CD I'll have the full version, thanks, not the "compressed but we think you won't notice" one

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
yes we couldnt believe how expensive some tunes are of i tunes , there must be a safe alternative , will look at some of the suggestions listed

Norm

I love the iPods but, Jeez, iTunes frustrates the arse off me! As with many Apple products, if you don't like the way it looks or the way it works, you are stuffed.

When Genius first appeared, it seemed to be a useful addition. It's recently become complete bloatware, though, serving little purpose other than to hog all of my bandwidth whenever iTunes is open and attempting to sell me songs that I already own.

I've got nearly 12k tracks on iTunes (all legal, of course, mostly ripped from CDs) and Genius is "gathering information about my library" all the time that I have iTunes open. I'm reluctant to turn Genius off because it has turned up some forgotten gems and I keep thinking that it must be nearly finished.

Norm

It feels that way much of the time, although it does create some good playlists. When it finishes "gathering information", that is.

thegrumpybiker

Being contrary to the last, I think I've actually bought more vinyl than any other format over the last year. Mind you, most of it has been second hand obscurities that don't seem to be in cyberspace at all. A lot of current stuff is being released in record form now, there's a bit of a resurgence, probably mirroring the singlespeed back to basics ethos.

Top Bottom