ITV4 Tour de France Review 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I know it's last year's race but did anyone see this on ITV4 today 2.15-4.15pm? I caught the last 5-10 minutes as they raced onto the Champs Elysee for the final time.

mr-marty-martin

yeah saw the whole lot, was realy good...

Skip Madness

I am a bit surprised there was no edited add-on at the end to briefly explain the exploits of Bernard Kohl and Stefan Schumacher.

It's a shame I missed this. I love the moving camera shot following the sprint finish on the final stage. You get a real feel for the speed they sprint at.

User269

Yeh, great prog, thought I'd refresh my memory ready for next week! It was of course a repeat of the programme they broadcast last year, but a good watch all the same.
This afternoon I recorded "Mark Cavendish's Tour de France", on eurosport. Presumably it'll be an unedited, awful, live repeat of stage 8 last year. Or, maybe they've actually compiled, edited, and prepared a special programme. No, I thought not.
I hope I'm wrong......:ohmy:

User269

...yeh as I thought, just fast forwarded through most of it. It was stage 5 of course, not 8. 10 seconds of Cavendish talking to camera at the top and bottom of the prog, then nearly an hour of recorded live coverage of the stage, with no relevance or mention of Cav until near the end. Absolute rubbish! Why did they even bother broadcasting/advertising/renaming this repeat?? What a con, entirely in keeping with eurosport's amateur and pointless existence.

:evil:

Top Bottom