I've done it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benthedoon

I have trying to get my head round breaking the 30 mile barrier, it's been a big psychological wall for me but today I knocked the wall down.
I planned a route in my head and, in the knowledge that there were a few hills to contend with, I set off.
First long climb was a mile in, mellow but long, a good leg warm up there were a few more little hills over the next 11 miles but then came the big one. I've driven up this particular incline many times so I knew it was quite a big one, it's grown since the last time I drove up it, steep and then some. The main part of the climb is .75 miles and it's 1.3 miles until it levels out, now I've been riding for about 2 months doing an average of 45 miles a week so over a mile of climbing 13 miles into a ride hurt, alot and it's still hurting.
All that said I carried on and managed a shade over 35 miles in 2hrs 10mins, I'm very happy with that, maybe later I'll be able to walk again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
bravo.gif
Very well done. Now you have to plan a 50 miler....
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

I've sort of got a 50 roughly worked out already but I need to do this 35 again then I'll try for the half century.
I have decided that I could do with some padded shorts though, I'm suffering from a lack of them some what and surely it will only be worse the further I ride.

So happy, I made 35, I only beat the 20 milestone last week!!

alci4

top stuff well done

i just did my first 50 last week and that was a happy moment for me

padded shorts are a good choice and i used assos cream as well for the 50 and it's the best 13 quid i have spent

Top Bottom