I've got to make an easy meal.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Not quite the same as going back to a house bursting with aromas. I'll add some garlic and tomato to the braising steak and do some fried bread crumbs for some additional crunch. I'm toying with sage mini dumplings. Decisions, decisions...........
Suppose not, Mr M likes the look of your recipe, wont't be showing him anymore as I'll be nominated chef or worse, kitchen porter typing up the mess. Enjoy your grub.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Im going to have fried mushrooms on toast..never dissapoints..

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not quite the same as going back to a house bursting with aromas. I'll add some garlic and tomato to the braising steak and do some fried bread crumbs for some additional crunch. I'm toying with sage mini dumplings. Decisions, decisions...........
Too much cabbage for my liking :laugh:
Just fry everything off first, add potatoes, make a stew, reheat on coming home.
Ah, I would give the bacon a miss here :thumbsup:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Too much cabbage for my liking :laugh:
Just fry everything off first, add potatoes, make a stew, reheat on coming home.
Ah, I would give the bacon a miss here :thumbsup:

Agreed.

Bacon in a stew doesn't ring true to me.

He's got cabbage, OK, but why with apple and onion?

Honey glazed carrots are fine, but once again, not with stew.

Glazed carrots are appropriate with grilled meat and a teaspoon of sauce, allowing the glazing to shine on the plate, they are not to be drowned in gravy.

Often with ingredients less is more in terms of numbers and process.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Often with ingredients less is more in terms of numbers and process.

Hence pie and absinthe.

20141221_214112-jpg.74899.jpg

Bowl of muesli?
"If muesli be the food of love, play on..." Food for the cereal womaniser perhaps?

" Crayfish gratin FFS" - immortal words, Rich! ^_^:snowball:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The right thing to do for the carol service is to eat at lunchtime then plan for a simple salad afterward. Before getting sucked in to drinks and nibbles at the vicarage and ending up getting pissed with the vicar and assistant priest, their husbands and a tray of sausage rolls.

Top Bottom