I've got....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Spain and somewhere else I've forgotten already that is unlikely to place or come last.
I got A. N. Other in the top goalscoring sidebet.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Ok chaps I picked these teams so scratch them, they'll get nowhere - Spain and also Slovakia or Slovenia, Slov something...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I drew England and Honduras....

You get your fiver back if you come last (lowest points and worst goal difference), so I may be in with a shot!

I was of course in a stake of utter shock (ok maybe not) when I saw the organiser of the draw had Brazil!

We're doing things differently at my place. Not a sweepstake, not a prediction of the eventual champions, but we've been asked to predict the exact score of every first-round match. Two points for every correct team score, five points per match for a correct result (win1/win2/draw), plus extra points (I forget how many) will be added at the end for a correct placing in the group table.

We've all been sent an Excel sheet which does all the calculations for us.

Example, latest match was South Africa 0, Uruguay 3. I predicted 0-5, so I got 2 points for SA's correct score, and 5 points for correct result, total 7.

Anyone else running a similar thing?

I submitted my entry based on a random number generator, and, just over 1/3 way through, I've amassed 57 points and stand about half-way down my workplace 'league table'. Not bad for purely random choice!

Top Bottom