I've just bought a new bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice looking bike Carol and Cubes do seem to have that effect !!.... I have always been a Scott fan, until I turned up at Infinity late last year and saw the Cube Crossrace.

I was so taken by them, that I picked my new Agree GTC-SL up from Infinity on Thursday morning, so we may have been close to passing in the car park.

Like yourself, I don't consider myself to be fast enough to warrant such a lovely bike, but at least it gives us something to aim for :becool:

Keep an eye out for another slow speed, newly converted roadie :thumbsup:

View attachment 7881

Very nice. The wait for the Di2 is getting annoying, and the Dura Ace version is starting to call to me now. I will resist though, SURELY it can't take them much longer together stock in?

Seeing all these nice shiny new Cubes just makes me drool!

G-Zero

Über Member
That's very smart G-Zero. Nev did say they'd had a busy week at Infinity^_^.

The Cubes are lovely looking bikes. I've tried quite a few different makes including a few Scott's but the fit just wasn't right, I was beginning to despair thinking my only option was to get another Trek but I was reluctant to buy another bike almost the same as the one I already had just to get a triple and besides, the spec on the Trek triple was not as good as my compact and it seemed like a backwards step. So I was chuffed to bits to find this. I'm dying to take it for a run out. The weather tomorrow is looking promising...

Nev did a good job looking after the shop while Dave was away (again), but he's obviously back as I've just noticed a 'like' from him on a FB photo I posted of the bike.

I managed 51 miles yesterday before starting nightshift and after having a rest today, I'm planning on taking it in to work Sunday night, which will be another joyous 48 mile round trip.

I hope the weather stays kind for you tomorow and hopefully it will stay nice into next week for my rest days and a planned ride to the coast (South Shields)

:hyper: One of these http://www.cube.eu/en/wls/axial-wls-gtc-pro/

I only went to Infinity Cycles today to collect Arsen Gere's new Focus Chrono :blush:.

We were there at the weekend and there was a woman riding the Cube round the car park. When I got there today it was still there, turned out she needed the next size up. I'm not sure what happened next, one minute I was admiring it in the showroom in an objective sort of way, the next I was cycling around the car park. It was an almost perfect fit right off, a slight adjustment to the angle of the bars and it felt like we were made for each other. It seemed like fate and I think it would have been rude not to :laugh:.

In justification, I only have one bike, I've been thinking about an n+1 for a while and he got a new bike so surely I deserve one too ^_^

Thats a ****in good lookin bike mate!

Whats your address? What security do you have on that bike? What times is your house most likely to be empty?:ph34r:

I bought a Scott CR1 and the salesman suggested I look at a similar spec Cube agree which actually cost less. However I really didnt like the color on that particular cube. Gotta admit if it was the one you pictured I would most definately own a cube now.

OP
OP
carolonabike

carolonabike

Thats a ****in good lookin bike mate!

Whats your address? What security do you have on that bike? What times is your house most likely to be empty?:ph34r:

:laugh:Well unless you're 5'2 or thereabouts I reckon it would be a bit small, it's a 47cm frame.
Thanks though, I've used it to go to work twice this week and it has had a few admiring glances.

OP
OP
carolonabike

carolonabike

It rides like a dream, I didn't expect there to be such a difference between an aluminium frame and a carbon one. Bumps in the road are not exactly cushioned, more dampened if that makes sense.
I have very secure storage at work, our office is a converted victorian house so in the basement we have a storage room, a shower and changing room and since I'm the only one who cycles in my bike fits snugly under the stairs.

Top Bottom